In Asia, we have over 80 clubs in 6 countries with over 210,000 members. We have 12 clubs in Jakarta and over 600 employees here, many of whom have grown with us since we started in Jakarta 9 years ago in 2005.
This growth has been built through the quality of our staff. Our successful mix of recruitment, training, future development and career opportunities enables us to continually exceed our employees’ expectations.
We seek dynamic and passionate personnel to meet our rapid expansion needs. The opportunities for growth are tremendous, with more clubs opening.
Fitness First started small, as a single health and fitness club in Bournemouth in 1993. We’re now one of the largest gym, health and fitness club groups in the world with over 1 million members in more than 300 Fitness First clubs. At every club around the world, our focus is the same - that every single Fitness First member counts. We strive to provide our members with a ‘boutique gym’ experience usually found in single-gym establishments.
None of our global success would be possible without our fantastic people. Our teams across the world are our single biggest asset. We’ve created a business that supports its employees, develops skills and talents and rewards outstanding performance.
We give our team the opportunity to get more out of their career by inspiring each other to learn new things, achieve new qualifications, and get fitter together. We recognise talent and support our team to go further in their career. From taking advantage of our global opportunities to having the confidence to inspire our members, we encourage our team to raise the bar so we can celebrate and reward their great results.
We’re committed to inspiring our members to get fitter as we believe this helps them build confidence to get more out of life.
We work together as one team in environments full of inspiration, innovation and fun!
We encourage everyone to work out. It helps us feel great and go further in life. As an employee, you get free membership and a discounted one for a friend/family member.
Our people count. That’s why we offer ongoing development from the day you join to build a team of fitness experts.
The various career opportunities or positions available include the following:
• This role reports to the Country Manager, with dotted line to the Head of Marketing, Asia
• The Head of Marketing will play a key role in managing and overseeing dual brands i.e. Fitness First and Celebrity Fitness, ensuring alignment as well as synergy across both brands in the country
• The Head of Marketing will have agreed KPIs tied to overall performance/ revenue of the 2 businesses every financial year, covering acquisition/sales, retention, average revenue per member hence contributing to overall lifetime value of the customer (CLV).
• He/she will lead the team’s marketing strategy development, planning and implementation of campaigns/ projects across all platforms and channels. He/she will also support the team in their planning and implementation of tactical club campaigns as well as activities/ events.
• He/she will work and collaborate with all internal (National and Regional teams) and external stakeholders to deliver the business and marketing objectives whilst adhering to brand standards
• He/she will also need to work with partners/agencies/production houses on marketing campaigns and projects when required
• As such, the Head of Marketing will be fully versed and supportive of the business model and overall strategic direction whilst maintaining an acute awareness of performance of campaigns, sales and marketing activities and hence be accountable to propose strategic and tactical adjustments to marketing activities accordingly
• This will also cover brand performance, intellectual property related products and services across both brands such as Signature programmes.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables for Dual Brand Management:
Management of campaigns, initiatives and projects
• Leads the strategy, planning and day-to-day team supervision on execution across all marketing pillars including digital & social, content, advertising & promotion, activation, lead generation, performance marketing, partnerships and strategic alliance, public & media relations
• Establish go-to-market plans (inclusive of all products/services/platforms/systems) including positioning, messaging, sales enablement and member engagement materials, internal and external communication materials, promotional activities, and other deliverables as appropriate
• Collaborate with Regional Marketing to integrate and amplify regional campaigns across all channels
• Track, measure and report campaign performance/metrics against objectives and KPIs set and, based on learnings recommend improvements for future campaigns/ projects with the focus to deliver acquisition/sales, retention (net member movement) and improved average revenue per member
• Accountability for achievement of KPIs and targets, as agreed with the Country Manager throughout the year
• Oversee, plan and monitor annual marketing budgets which will include budget setting, adjustments, forecasts and reporting
• Ensure that all campaigns and projects including content/assets are developed, deployed and managed on time, of high quality and on budget
• Collaborate with and provide support towards Operations management team's objectives and KPIs
• Marketing intelligence and analysis on trends, competitors etc via in house or external research capabilities, social monitoring tools, data analytics
Leadership & relationship management
• Provide proactive senior leadership advisory role to the business based on analysis and facts - report, recommend, communicate and manage relationship with senior leadership/ stakeholders to enable actions to be taken
• Lead by example - provide coaching and guidance to team members in a positive environment, develop and grow team members. Performance manage team members with a view to support and help team members improve
• Support, work closely and apply a consultative approach across functional teams (eg Fitness, Group Fitness, Sales, IT etc) to ensure alignment around business objectives, buy-in, ownership and smooth delivery of initiatives and campaigns
• Manage relationships with vendors such as creative agencies and research agencies to deliver against the overall strategy and program objectives as well as KPIs
• Develop strong partnerships with the media, other business establishments such as mall management, and other health, entertainment, and wellness companies
• Execute Communications strategy that enhances the connectivity between club management and senior management team members
• Promote and foster 2-way communication between clubs and the support office
Experience / Qualifications
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or other relevant degrees
• Have at least 12 years of experience in marketing and/or brand management (preferably with some Digital Marketing experience and/or lifestyle based consumer marketing experience) from agency or client background
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Proven ability to build strong relationship with potential business partners and initiate sponsorship for business events
• Strong experience in managing service provider / agencies
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Influencing, coaching and presentation skills
• Demonstrated strategic agility and dynamic approach to problem solving and creative thinking
• Ability to plan and prioritise tasks
Behavior / Attitudes
• Collaborative, positive, “service-oriented” attitude
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• High degree of initiative, sense of responsibility and ownership
• Proven team player
• Passion and interest in fitness is a distinct advantage
Or you can also submit your resume stating the position that you are interested in to:
The Human Resources Department