- How old do I have to be to join Fitness First?To join you must be 14 years old and above. We will only entertain members under 13 if they are obese, are under doctor advisement and take up personal training. All membership agreements for children under 17 years of age need to be authorised and signed by a legal guardian.
- How much is membership at Fitness First?Membership rates vary depending on the type of package that is best suited for you. Please contact your preferred Fitness First club where our staff will be happy to discuss the various membership options available.Find a club >
- How do I pay for my Fitness First membership?Most members pay through auto debit on Credit Cards. Direct debit and upfront term payment options are also available.
- When I join can I use all Fitness First clubs in Indonesia?Yes you can if you have opted for our Passport membership which allows you access to all Fitness First clubs in Indonesia.
- Can I workout while travelling overseas?A Fitness First Platinum membership will give you access to more than 91 Fitness First clubs throughout Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. Whether you're travelling for business or pleasure, you can visit a Fitness First club near you. Ask our reception team for an International Passport before leaving the country.
- Can I put my membership on hold?Yes you can. We call our hold option - freeze. At Fitness First, we believe that exercise is a lifelong habit. That's why when it comes to freezing of your membership, it will only be for medical reasons or outstation / overseas assignments for more than 2 weeks with written notice. For further information, please refer to our reception team. A freeze fee will be charged.
- Am I obligated to a long-term contract when I join Fitness First?Not at all! As a member of IHRSA (International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association), Fitness First adheres strictly to the rules of conduct which does not encourage the sale of long term contracts as it does not benefit the end-customer. For more information and how to educate yourself and your rights as a purchaser on this matter, please refer toIHRSAor visit us at the club for more details.
- What if I want to cancel my membership?We hope you have really benefited from your time with us. However if you have to cancel your membership, please visit your nearest club where one of our receptionists will arrange someone to take you through the cancellation procedure.
We offer a 7 day comfort guarantee which starts from the date you joined. To cancel your membership, you must tell us that you want to cancel your membership during your 7 day comfort guarantee period. We will then cancel your agreement and refund any dues paid during that period - all you will have paid is your non-refundable administration fee and Personal Training / BODYFIRST packages.
If you are outside of the 7 day comfort guarantee you're required to give 1 full calendar month notice of termination. You may cancel at any time provided you've reached your minimum contract period excluding any freeze period.
Please note that cancellation is by appointment only. For all the details around cancelling please refer to our Terms and Conditions (Section 3).
- How do I feedback about your products and services?We welcome your feedback and we want to hear about ways we can assist you with any concerns you may have. Please have a chat with one of our club staff.If you would prefer to speak with club management, please let our reception team know. If they aren't immediately available, the reception team will ensure you are contacted by them as soon as possible.You can also fill up the Hey Manager feedback form strategically placed in all clubs. Alternatively, please email your query via ouronline contact form.We also love to know what we're doing well too! So dotell us about your successes or about a Fitness First team member who’s made a difference.
- What are the Terms and Conditions of a membership?
- Can I bring a guest to the club?Absolutely! We understand that one of the best ways to stay with a healthy lifestyle is to train with a buddy. You can bring a friend for a one-time visit only. If you wish to do so, you must book them in. You can do this by speaking to one of our friendly Membership Consultants.
We'll show your friend the facilities that are on offer and ask them to sign on our guest register with indemnity waiver. As we are an exclusive members club we'll ask all guests to present their Identity Card. If they wish to use the club facilities after this, they can either join the club or they'll receive access to the same privileges as you for a nominal fee (Rp.200.000,- per visit, as a guest of a member)
Been an active member for a continuous period of 10 months or more? You'll be invited into our special First Club membership at no cost. You are entitled to bring a family member or friend for FREE on weekends at most clubs and other rewards and discounts. For details about First Club membership, please check ourFirst Club page.
- What are the club opening hours?You can usually start exercising from as early 6 am to as late as 10.30 pm weekdays, 6 am to 9.30 pm on Saturday . Sunday and Public Holidays are generally 8 am to 8 pm. It’s best to check with your club for exact opening times.
* Some clubs may differ.
- Can my children wait for me in the members' lounge while I workout?No. For the safety of the children and members, children are not allowed into the club except on special occasions where we organise children’s classes/specials.
- Who can I ask if I have trouble using the equipment?Our fitness team are always there to help answer your questions if you get stuck.
- When's the quietest time to visit the club?On weekdays the clubs are generally busiest before work, at lunchtime and after work. If you prefer a quieter atmosphere pay a visit just after lunch or in the afternoon.
- Do I need to bring my own towel?A bath towel is provided and you can ask for a small towel to wipe down the equipment after use so it’s sweat-free for the next user. Do remember to return towels to the designated collection bins/counter after use. Help protect our planet, be environmentally friendly by limiting use to one set per member/guest per visit.
- How do I use the lockers?Your membership card gives you access to the lockers.For selected clubs with SmartCard locker system, you'll be able to exchange your membership card with a SmartCard to lock and unlock your chosen locker.Note: lockers are only available for use during your workout and will automatically open when the club closes in the evening. While care is taken to ensure the security of our lockers, we can't accept responsibility for items lost or damaged through theft or misplacement.For further assistance, please speak our reception team in the club.
- What happens if I lose something in the changing rooms?Let reception know as soon as possible so we can check if someone's handed it in. Please remember that your belongings are your responsibilities at all times.
- What if I lose my membership card?Don't worry. Let reception know and they'll issue you with a new one for a replacement fee.
- Which clubs have swimming pools?Clubs with swimming pools currently include Taman Anggrek, Senayan City and Grand Indonesia.
- What should I do if the fire alarm sounds?Don't panic. Our fully trained team will tell you what to do and guide you to safety. If the alarm stops after a short time, it was simply a false alarm or a test
- Are the team first aid trained?Yes, we always have a number of first aiders on duty. In an unlikely event that someone is injured, there are also first aid boxes located at reception.
- Are there any social events for members and staff?Yes, they're great fun and an excellent way of getting to know everyone. To find out more about our fitness challenges, special themed classes, or club events, just keep an eye on the member notices around the club.